Tuesday, October 30, 2007

HW#25 What would have happened???

HW#25

We started the book Baghdad Burning: Girl Blog from Iraq by Riverbend, it's about the war that is still going on in Iraq. I was in seventh grade when the war in Iraq began, and I never paid to much attention to what was going on there. I wish I had because I feel like I know nothing that is happening in the world today, because you need to know where something began to really understand where it is today. And I missed what happened in the beginning. But I think that this book will help me learn what really happened there and not just what the American government wants you to think happened.

For today we had to read the introduction and the foreword. These gave me a little background information on the war. They were told by
Ahdaf Soueif and James Ridgeway. Ahdaf Soueif told us a little about what was going to happen in the book, so basically she gave an over view of the war from the point of view of someone from in Iraq. How worried they were about their families and lives.

While James Ridgeway told us about the war from the point of view of an American. He gave a lot of facts on the war, like the day it started and how much we spent on the war. He also talks about other wars that America has been apart of in the past.

It was very sad to read what Ahdaf had to say about what was going on in Iraq, so it makes me think that this book is going to be a very sad and emotional story. Especially when I never thought that we should go to war in the first place, I think that the military should be kept here to help protect us from other terrorist attacks not going to another country to go to war with them, but that is just my opinion and I am open to everyone's opinion and know that they can believe what ever they want.