Tuesday, October 2, 2007

HW#14 ITo

HW#14
Although I liked the interview with Nick Denton I would have to say I like the interview with Joi Ito better,I thought that it was more interesting to read. To sum up Ito's interview he talked about his view on blogging and what it should be like on all blogs, I agree with almost everything that Ito had to say about blogging and the blogging world. As a result to ITo's interview I went looking at the interviews that he mentioned in his interview; www.joi.ito.com , and www.akma.disseminary.org . Although I did not read all of Joi Ito's blog I did read some of them and I really liked it, his blog talks about real life things, "I write about anything of interest and as a result of having written about it, I will get comments that enhance and deepen my knowledge." Actually I think that this is exactly what I think blogs should be, a place to converse on things in life that interest you, a place to meet other who have the same interests and views on subjects as you, not a place to just talk about what happened in your day and not get feedback. Besides the fact that he talks about how he uses his blog he also talks about what he thinks is going to happen to blogs, and how people will continue to use them, as well as talking about how there will be copyrights on online things now as well. Ultimately there will be copyright that as "there is a spectrum of rights that you have as a copyright owner and, if you feel like it, you should be allowed to give certain ones up." Therefore I can say you may use my word and pictures and what ever I have on my blog and put it on your own with out any of my permission. So here goes, you may use my word and material for your own use with out my permission, just please use it in a good context and give credit to those people I give credit to because we don't have there permission to use it with out giving them that credit. Also If you use my words and you become famous for it, can you at least give me a little credit, like if your going to use it in a commercial let me be in that commercial, Please!!!

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nice post--I bet Joi Ito would like what you're doing here, and you've indeed created a "transitionorama" as the assignmed requested.
Watch out for run-on sentences; there's a online exercise on them at http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/runons_quiz.htm if you want some practice identifying and correcting them.