Wednesday, October 17, 2007

HW#19 my metacommentary on BLOG!

HW#19
The paragraph I chose to wright about from the chapter web of influence from the book Blog! how the newest media revolution is changing politics, business, and culture, was the paragraph right after the italicised righting. This paragraph talks about how blogging is "changing the landscape for journalists and policymakers alike," and that blogging is about connecting the world. In other words blogging is what connects the world through the "function as personal diaries, political analysis, advice columns on romance, computers, money, or all of the above." I think that this is a really good thought about what blogs are used for. My point is not that we should use blogs just as a connection to the people that we know but that we should us them to connect our self to every thing in the world. Now don't get me wrong. I am not saying that blogs should not be used to connect ourselves to the people we know but that they should also touch on something larger then just the community that we live in. The book states that blogs are "drawing upon the content of the international media and the world wide web, they weave together an elaborate network with agenda setting power on issues ranging from human rights in china to the U.S. occupation of Iraq," and I think that this is what all blogs should do. They should connect their community to the world. So go now and connect your community to the rest of the world. Try visiting some of the blogs mentioned in this section of the reading such as; www.crookedtimber.org , and www.womanswallstreet.com .

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

What page(s) are your quotes drawn from, and what page does the paragraph you're concentrating appear on?
I'm not sure I follow the point of the beginning of your post, but I think it ends nicely, with the charge to readers to connect their world. That Crooked Timber blog looks very rich and interesting, too.