Thursday, September 13, 2007

HW#6 What I want to do for my Semester-long Project

HW#6
There are many things that look interesting to me from the list of things we can research for our semester-long project.

For the social computing technologies I am interested in the Blogs because that's what we are learning about in class and I would like to see the other types of blogs that are out there. I am also interested in the Bulletin boards and forums I just though that these look interesting and would like to see more of them and how they work. I am also interested in the Social networking services, I am interested in how these effect different people all over the world because people my age are using all over the world, and I know how it effects me, but would like to see how others are effected by them.

I am interested in how Social computing technologies effect overcoming inequities in access to education and overcoming barriers of rural communities because I would one day like to teach in an smaller less fortunate area. I would also like to research overcoming sexism, because I believe that there is still a problem with sexism.

The areas that I would like to research are South and Central America and the US. I am interested in these areas because they are close to home, I know people who live in these areas. i would like to know how people who live in the same country and people who live in different countries are effected by the same aspects of technology.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

I think your international approach will lead to some nice, original research.