Thursday, September 6, 2007

HW#2 12 Key ideas on Blogging

HW#2
This is my reading response Burstein’s 12 key ideas in Blog! How the newest media revolution is changing politics, business and culture, this book is by David Kline and Dan Burnstein.
I can connect to a few of Burnstein’s 12 key ideas but there is one in particular that I can relate to more then the others. Burnstein says that “Blogging is going global. It is not just a wild’n crazy, uninhibited, populist Americans who like to rant…” I would have to agree with his key point on this. Many Americans believe that we are the only people out there that are technologically advanced, and use the internet everyday for more then just research, but that is not true. The first person I ever knew that kept a blog on a regular basis and checked other people’s blogs was my best friend, who is from Brazil. He and all of his friends, who were in Brazil, all kept each other informed on what was going on by the use of blogs.
So I agree and can relate to the fact that America is not the only country to blog and infact we weren’t even the first to blog. People from all over the world have been blogging for years and now do it like it was a second language.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nice connection between your own experience and the reading--a global perspective.