Tuesday, September 25, 2007

HW#11 Chinese Blog

HW#11
After reading the interview with Rebecca MacKinnon in the book Blog! How the newest media revolution is changing politics, business, and culture I continued my research by looking at many of the blogs mentioned in her interview. The one blog that caught my eye more then the others was RConversation. This blog is by Rebecca MacKinnon herself, the blog looks like any other not so colorful blog, but the blog is about how Chinese bloggers are being affected by the communist leaders and their rules on blogging, so it’s okay that it’s not colorful. The blog mainly contains links to other blogs and articles on Chinese blogging and how china is censoring the things people write on their blogs. Rebecca MacKinnon doesn’t seem to mention that she has her own blog in her interview, so there is not really anything for me to compare the actual blog to from her interview. Why in an interview about blogging would you not mention that you have your own blog on the matter?? Although some readers may object I believe that the Chinese not blogging may be a good thing, I know that if there was a possibility that I may go to jail or even worse for blogging just to get information out that I would stop blogging. I mean blogging is a fast and easy way to get information to many people all over the world but if it means that you are going to get in trouble resort to the old ways of communication. How hard can it be??

No comments: