Thursday, September 20, 2007

HW# 9 "My suicide blog online"

HW#9
When reading Ayelet Waldman's interview in the book Blog! how the newest media revolution is changing politics, business, and culture I was very surprised, I know that a lot of people let their emotions show in their blogs but I never knew that anyone would put that much personal information in something that anyone anywhere in the world could read at any point in time. This lead me to read her blog online. There are many things that Ayelet and her interviewer discuss that are very interesting and opinionated, but how much information is too much to put on your blog?? I'm of two minds about what Ayelet believe is okay to put in your blogs. On the one hand I agree that if you post personal thing such as that you had a miscarriage it gives people an opportunity to talk about what happened with others who have experienced the same thing. On the other hand I'm not sure if I agree that all things are appropriate to be posting on your blog, things like sex, and how you are bipolar and emotionally abusive to her children, I don’t believe is appropriate. I do think that Ayelet's writing on her blog about suicide showed people that she needed help, but I think that information about your sex life and what you do with your husband is your business and no one other than yours. I think there is a limit to what you should be telling the world about your life, I think it is great that there are support group blogs online for things like miscarriage and genetic termination, but should you really be posting about your sex life??
I personal don't think so but Ayelet thinks that it’s okay, well I guess that is where opinion comes into play.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Good, meets requirements of assignment.
Use in-text citations to give the page number and author of the work, like this:
"When reading Ayelet Waldman's interview (Kline & Burstein 308-314) in the book Blog! How the Newest Media Revolution is Changing Politics, Business, and Culture I was very surprised..."