Tuesday, November 13, 2007

HW#28 Open letter to Riverbend

HW#28
Open letter to Riverbend
Dear Riverbend,

Wow I never knew how much I didn't know, I mean I knew that I didn't know a lot about the war because I don't watch that much news. But as I sit here reading your blog I think about how much the american government is keeping from us. I feel like I didn't know anything, I mean of course I knew that we went over there for a war, so there are a few things that I could have expected like thegun fire, and the tanks being in the roads. But I didn't know that because of our presents in Iraq so much has changed for you. I feel like America knew nothing about your country and that your country didn't need any help in creating a democracy. Yeah democracy is a good thing but that doesn't mean that we should push it on other countries, expecially if they are doing fine running their country all by themsleves.

From the way the American news put it I thought your country was falling apart. I got the impression that the women in your country had no rights, I thought that all women had to wear hibaras, and I had no idea that anyone had jeans, I also had no idea that women had the abilitie to have a job.

Thank you so much for informing me on the thing I did not know about everything that is happening in your ccountry. I now know that I was not an informed person, this makes me want to know so much more about what is really going on in Iraq.

No comments: